Facebook

Popular This Week

My Shabby Chic Travels...Lake District Cumbria


 I just returned from one of my six yearly visits to family in the Lake District UK. Whilst there the thought occurred to me to share some photos of shabby chic-ness I think you might like! The above is a typical house in the village of Beetham which is where my mother works.


 This is Beetham Post Office - you would love it, the whole village is chocolate box perfect.


 Most of my family members live in a small market town called Ulverston. It has cobbled streets, daily markets, an old town clock that chimes every hour and all the major times inbetween, weekly festivals...this is an example of one shabby shop there called Brambles.


 Beetham Post Office have a nice line of handmade fairies hanging in the window...


 I cheekily took some photos....


One of my favourite Ulverston tea rooms...there are plenty...is Gillams. If you want to see more Beetham and Ulverston photos they are available in my Flickr.

Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the pictures. My husband and I recently returned from our first trip to London. We had a blast but would have loved to spend more of our time in little villages like the ones in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them - London is a great city but once a country girl I find always a country girl! x

    ReplyDelete